Decklink Quad 2 problems

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Esen_Aliev

Decklink Quad 2 problems

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 1:34 am

Hey guys, I know it is not real to get answers right away but I'll try

I purchased Decklink Quad 2 for my live stream needs, using it in VR stitching software, but having problem with card, as you might now it has 8 ports and 2 fans, so one of the fans spinning the other one is not, also my software sees only 4 inputs but not 8.
I installed newest drivers same result, also my software is getting signal from 2 cameras but not 3, third one just shows up when it wants.... don't know what to do, buying $1000 hardware I was hoping that it will be plug and play solution without any issues but turned out this is a joke .... please help

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Decklink Quad 2 problems

PostThu Dec 22, 2016 7:20 pm

The Desktop Video manual on the support page provides information on how to change the connections to be able to view the different input/outputs on the card(covered on page 17). Do all the sources you're connecting match format wise? Also, do any of those sources carry HDCP over the output?

Lastly, did you contact your regions support office for guidance on the fan not spinning?
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

martin.kessel

PostThu Jan 19, 2017 12:49 pm

I have the same Problem. I cant find in the software the inputs 5 to 8.

The inputs 1 to 4 i can see an use.

What Problem that can be ?

Maxim Obolensky

PostWed Feb 01, 2017 11:26 pm

I have a similar problem! After updating the firmware, the card has disappeared from the configuration utility! In Media Express application is found only 2 inputs instead of 8! This mess! I bought a new card, and got a problem with her instead of working! Dear manufacturers blackmagic, solve this problem! You got the money for the equipment that does not work!

Guillaume Clodic

PostWed Feb 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Hello

i have exactly the same problem. Symptoms appear after the firmware upgrade.

What is the way to downgrade decklink quad 2 firmware ?

Regards, Guillaume

David Hutchinson

PostThu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

yeah had the same problem - replaced by BMD

Bryan Arminio

PostWed Sep 20, 2017 6:35 pm

Same problem - after firmware upgrade around 10.8x, Desktop Video stopped recognizing the device, and now only 2 inputs work. Device Manager sees the devices as 1, 2, and then 5 and 6. Only 1 and 2 work. As far as I can tell, the only way to downgrade firmware is to install previous versions of Desktop Video, but this doesn't work when Desktop Video can no longer recognize the card to perform the firmware operation in the first place.

Specs:
AMD 9590 octa-core on Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z
24GB RAM
Geforce GTX 960
Windows 7/Windows 10

DiegoYamaguti

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm

I have exactly the same problem, showing only the inputs 1, 2, 5 and 6.
Did any of you solved the problem? Need this working again quick. :oops:

mikekay

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 am

I think I am done with Blackmagic for good. I make my living using this gear.....My quad 2 was experiencing exactly the same issues as above. One fan is down and this card is just a year old. I had to RMA 2 HDMI to SDI converters and still have nothing back - 2 months waiting.....We have a pocket cam where the HDMI output has lifted from the board - surface mount of course and all of this is making me reconsider ever buying another BMD device.....I have a gig tomorrow and my quad 2 is completely down. I did everything I could think of....the computer knows the card is there, but updating the desktop software is not working at all. Re-seating does nothing. I am screwed. Will do all the regular stuff, RMA if possible, contact B&H where I purchased the card, but I think I will stop supporting this company.....

I can't even find the firmware update or procedure - if anybody can help with this - its the last thing I can try....

mikekay

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 12:57 am

Wondering if I have an OS issue here.....I can see some of the Quads inputs in device manager, but they are not showing up in Vmix - V20.0.44 - OS is W10 Pro 64 bit, version 1703, build 15063.726.

Chris Iuchs

PostThu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

I had this same issue of the device disappearing when updating to desktop video 10.9.7, went back to 10.9.5 and it showed up again. my issue with 10.9.5 is that it resets the configuration( even running as admin) when you reboot the computer. BMD is saying that the issue is a bad install of windows. I think it is their drivers since it works with 10.9.5. running win 10.

tristansmartinez

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 4:08 am

has there been any solution to this problem? i have been experiencing this as well.

Return to Live Production