Successful Live Stream Setups - Intensity, H.264 Pro, etc..

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Sickler

Successful Live Stream Setups - Intensity, H.264 Pro, etc..

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 11:33 pm

Can you all share your setups for live streaming? Not to give away your trade secret, but to help us who are struggling with the thousands we have spent to yet still have the stream not be of quality.

I am currently building 3 rigs for a conference we tape each year. - 2 atem tvs and 1 1/ME -

Thus far I have had to convert the TVS to an analog signal and then live stream out a canopus box, using Flash Media encoder. - which works, but I loose that amazing HD look that is the reason I am streaming in the first place.

I am still working on my builds, but I am excited to try livestream.com

Can you share your live stream setup?

Anyone using flash media encoder with success with a BM intensity or the h.264???

I know that the Windows platform has an edge by using the mxlight, but I am not buying a different computer to pull it off, maybe next year. but for now, I need the mac mini to work!

Thanks for any feedback and advice.

George
George Sickler
Colorado Digital Video

Beau Monaghan

Re: Successful Live Stream Setups - Intensity, H.264 Pro, et

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi George!

If you are using Livestream.com, you really can not beat the H.264 recorder to stream with. We have Tricasters and back them up with these. With the newer macbooks, i can do MBRs using livestreams procaster. Very nice and good feedback on how the stream is doing right from that software.

Now using FLME, the H.264 does not work. The box does not show up. Now the new mini recorders just released today, i am interested to see if that will work with FLME.

-Beau
Beau Monaghan
Technology Manager
Meeting Services, INC
(858) 348-0100 x466
www.MSIProd.com

bendermac

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 pm

the intensity cards work perfectly fine with flash media encoder. i did a few test live streams to twitch.tv and had not problems.

AValive

PostSat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 am

I have found the thunderbolt streaming set ups hit or miss. The lower intensity seem to work better then the extremes.

We are building our rigs often around the Livestream spec and you indeed can not beat the H.264 Recorder. It only takes up your USB port and seems to hand shake quite well vs some of the Thunderbolt products dropping frames (perhaps due to taking it down from uncompressed to h.264 requiring more cpu?)
You can see our rigs on you tube /AValive

Hope that helps
AValive: Integrating Digital Audio and Video since 1992.
www.AValive.com

Return to Live Production