Time Code in ATEM 1

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tony Esposito

Time Code in ATEM 1

PostSat Jan 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Wanted to see how the time code really works on the ATEM 1 Switchers. If I have 3 cameras in a live switch studio setting and the cameras have an 1/8th input on them for time code. If I take the time code out from the switcher and split it and feed all 3 cameras by converting the XLR to 1/8th would this jam sync the cameras or how does the time code work to make editing the iso camera footage from these cameras easier with this time code? If this switcher does it great, if not I was looking at these wireless products to place on the cameras. I edit in Premiere CS6. The program cut is fine but sometimes you want to grab a different angle and I'm wondering if the time code would make it easier to get right to the clip I need.

Thanks!
Tony

Tom_Bassford

Re: Time Code in ATEM 1

PostSat Jan 14, 2017 3:16 pm

AFAIK the TC output on the old 1ME doesn't do anything - it was never implemented and the connector was removed from the 4k versions of the switcher.

You can plug the XLR output into an audio mixer / speaker - if it is outputting LTC then you will hear a sound like a million pigs dying! (sounds like this...
)
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Tony Esposito

Re: Time Code in ATEM 1

PostFri Jan 20, 2017 3:05 am

lol, well thanks. They seem to be forgetting basic things in live production work. I really need them to build in a video playback feature and graphics on the fly like Tricaster does.

Thank you for the answer!

Tony

Return to Live Production