Ursa mini b4 lens focus control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

BasharAwad

Ursa mini b4 lens focus control

PostMon Feb 20, 2017 11:52 pm

Hey guys,
I have 3 bmd ursa mini 4k b4 with b4 lenses and other 3 EF 4k
My first question is
Can i shot 4k res. In any way ?
My second one and the important
In my b4 version I don't have full control for the camera with my custom ccu ( i can't control the focus )
With all my lenses
With the EF version i have really full control focus.. iris and all other options
The question is
How I can control the focus from the ccu
Note :also the focus button don't do anything when I press it in the b4
But focus well in the EF

Another question
I have The 2m/e atem mixer ,it has talkback...
Is the ursa mini has talkback direct by the sdi in like pgm and ccu ?"like BM studio camera " if it can ,hou to let the camera man talk with director?
Last edited by BasharAwad on Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Denny Smith

Re: Ursa mini b4 lens focus control

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 5:47 pm

First, When using the B4 lens mount, only the HD window mode (or some lenses will work with a 2K window), 4K full sensor, will vignette.

Next, most B4 ENG lenses do not have a focus Servo, some high end HD lenses may, but these are exceptions to what is on the used market, most are manual focus only. So CCU control on the focus is not going to work without a focus Servo. You need to look for the ND B4 lenses with a focus Servo to get CCU focus control.

All EF lenses are "auto focus" lenses, and can only be focused by their Servo motors, "focus by wire", so on a EF mount camera, you will have CCU focus control.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

BasharAwad

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Denny Smith wrote:First, When using the B4 lens mount, only the HD window mode (or some lenses will work with a 2K window), 4K full sensor, will vignette.

Next, most B4 ENG lenses do not have a focus Servo, some high end HD lenses may, but these are exceptions to what is on the used market, most are manual focus only. So CCU control on the focus is not going to work without a focus Servo. You need to look for the ND B4 lenses with a focus Servo to get CCU focus control.

All EF lenses are "auto focus" lenses, and can only be focused by their Servo motors, "focus by wire", so on a EF mount camera, you will have CCU focus control.
Cheers

Thank you Denny ,
Another question if you can answer
The 2m/e atem mixer has talkback
Is the ursa mini has talkback dirct by the sdi in ?"like BM studio camera " if it can ,hou to let the camera man talk with director?

Xtreemtec

PostTue Feb 21, 2017 9:56 pm

The audio of the cameraman is embedded in ch 15-16 of the sdi feed to the mixer..

There it is muxed with all other channels and comes out of the talkback port again for the director
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production