HDMI-SDI converters for ATEM TVS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ralf de Leon

HDMI-SDI converters for ATEM TVS

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 11:32 am

Hi,

I am new in live production and want to seek for more information about this. recently we purchase 3g HDMI-SDI converters and it was not working with ATEM TVS. currently we have ATEM TVS, BM Pocket Camera, HDR Canon Camera, and hook up to BM Decklink for online streaming. Both camera are using HDMI cord. we want to extend the wiring so we need to find out which converters are compatible for ATEM TVS. Thanks alot

BenWorkman

Re: HDMI-SDI converters for ATEM TVS

PostThu Mar 02, 2017 6:48 pm

Micro converters should do the trick, but if the budget is there and frame rate/resolution could ever be an issue (lol-it's an ATEM) just get some Decimators and love yourself forever.

If you absolutely have no $, you could go over cat-6, but the micro hdmi to Sdi are ~$80 used so I'd start there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benjamin Higginbotham

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 12:18 am

The Decimator MD-HX has a built in scaler and will let you set just about any format you can want. SDI in and Out, HDMI in and out in one nifty box.
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Andy Matheson

PostFri Mar 03, 2017 12:46 am

I use a BMD HDMI-HD-SDI regularly to convert the O/P from a JVC 170 and fire it down a 38M double-screened coax cable and into my TVS. Works flawlessly every time.

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 pm

I tested "China" converters over 170m Sommer Cable to ATEM TVS and had a 2 day production with a cable length of 94m. I think possible limitations comes at first from the used cable and secondary from the converter. It is also a question of budget, but the BM micro converters also have interesting low price.

When you need a framerate/resolution convertion at the same time, Decimator MD-HX is a good choice. Do the convertion to SDI near the source.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Ralf de Leon

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 5:10 am

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for sharing your experience, ideas, and solutions. Want to update this post to help those future readers.

I got a cheap sdi-hdmi converter (mini 3g hdmi to sdi converter) It just cost me 150hkd or 20usd and it is perfectly working with Pocket Cinema Camera but not with the HDR Canon camera.
Attachments
hdmi-sdi-converters.JPG
hdmi-sdi-converters.JPG (32.52 KiB) Viewed 1474 times

Ralf de Leon

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 6:23 pm

Our Live Streaming Projects could watch in this site http://www.bordergatebaptist.net/sermon/.. We used ATEM TVS, Pocket CC , and Canon HDR.. I tried very hard to make the two camera match their output.

Kevin McGrath

PostWed Mar 22, 2017 8:07 pm

You say you have a pocket cinema camera and a Atem tvs
The pocket cinema cameras output 23.94 24 29.97 and 30 frames per second
The tvs can only take 59.97. I hope I can be corrected
I have tried to connect my pocket cinema camera to my tvs and it would not work
If you find a work around I would love to hear it
Atem tvs , studio converter 4 camera converters, hyperdeck,40x40 videohub. Master control, jvc gy hm700 &170 Jvc gy hm 150 Panasonic aw he50 aw he 2
Panasonic hpx 300. Panasonic hpx 2000 Sony pdw 350 Panasonic HPD24

Return to Live Production