LUT support for the URSA

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Peter Doris

LUT support for the URSA

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 11:45 am

We are running a 4 camera BMD 4K workflow currently, 2 Micro studios, and URSA Mini 4.6K and the original URSA into an ATEM rack. Last month I hired in a AJA Lut box and and feed the output of the URSA into that then the AJA to the ATEM which worked. However this week I decided to use the BMD video assist and while the LUT displayed on the Video Assist just fine the ATEM output was still the flat native output of the URSA. The former BMD flagship product without a doubt deserves at least LUT support to make it properly usable in a live environment. Are there any plans for this to be added and or what other solutions have fellow broadcasters used to resolve this issue?

TIA

Pete
Peter Doris
http://www.nexusdigitalmedia.tv
Nexus Digital Media Ltd
40/1 Maritime Street
Edinburgh EH6 6SA

Video production • Editing services • Live event filming • Live web casting
Motion graphics • Animation and design • 3D modelling • and much more

Xtreemtec

Re: LUT support for the URSA

PostFri Mar 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Peter..
I don't hope so for you.. But since the Ursa mini pro.. And the announcement for the Original Ursa users to have a discount on the new UMP because they not going to pursue the barrel upgrades..

I would say the original ursa is dead in the water.. No development going on anymore.. :roll:

I think a lut box will give you faster response and options then waiting for this implementation..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production