Atem1M/E problems with embedded HDMI audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Tim Mitchell

Atem1M/E problems with embedded HDMI audio

PostSat Apr 22, 2017 9:20 pm

Hi, I am having a strange problem with embedded HDMI audio on an Atem 1M/E (the original one, not the 4K).
We have a video clip player which plays out audio over the HDMI, this has been working fine. However we have recently added a Panasonic AW-HE2 camera on another of the HDMI inputs, this also provides audio from an internal microphone. When both these devices are producing audio at the same time, the audio output of the Atem 1 becomes extremely distorted. This happens regardless of the settings of the audio mixer screen - even if one of the inputs is muted or turned down, the other one is still distorted. If one of the HDMI inputs is unplugged then the problem instantly stops and audio returns to normal.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on here? We do not actually need or use the audio from the camera microphone but there does not seem to be any way to disable the camera from sending it.

Tim Mitchell

Re: Atem1M/E problems with embedded HDMI audio

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Just to update my own post... the problem is intermittent and is not related to audio level. I believe it is probably some sort of clocking/sync issue when all 8 mixer inputs are used, as unplugging any one input (SDI or HDMI) fixes the problem. I have seen other reports on here of a similar problem.

Return to Live Production