Express Studio connect with USB Type C

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

AndrewPuntus

Express Studio connect with USB Type C

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 12:31 pm

Hello, tell me please, i need to connect Ultra Studio Express with cable Thunderbolt 2 -> USB Type C (Thunderbolt 3) in motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (rev. 1.0) and i have Window 10 on my PC, this system can work?

Thank you!

Chris McClement

Re: Express Studio connect with USB Type C

PostThu May 04, 2017 10:14 pm

I don't have the exact same configuration as you but can offer my experience. I have a windows 10 PC (one of the new Skull NUCs with thunderbolt 3). I use a Startech Thunderbolt 3 -> Thunderbolt 2 converter and have successfully attached an Ultrastudio Mini Recorder to it. The Ultrastudio shows up in Media Express and in XSplit and captures with no issues.

I tested the same configuration with an Intensity Shuttle (Thunderbolt 2) and had issues with it - the capture from the Shuttle had a flicker that I couldn't get rid of.

You do have to be careful with the Windows 10 Thunderbolt software. When you plug in a Thunderbolt device it requires you to give the device permission to run - make sure you do this or it won't work. And all of my thunderbolt devices are listed as "not supported for this OS" - but as I say the Shuttle Mini Recorder works fine despite this message.

Return to Live Production