UltraStudio Express control signal resolution

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mark Bauer

UltraStudio Express control signal resolution

PostThu Apr 27, 2017 7:41 pm

I am trying to get my UltraStudio Express to work outside of the native BlackMagic apps so I can do some live casting with my camcorder. It seems the signal that is coming through the UltraStudio box via the thunderbolt cable is 1080i59.94. I need to make it a 720p30 or at least 1080p29.97. But I can't seem to find a way to change that anywhere. I tried the "Conversions" tab in the Video set-up app, but that doesn't not seem to have any effect.

Am I missing something? Can anyone help?

Thanks
Mark

John Barker

Re: UltraStudio Express control signal resolution

PostFri Apr 28, 2017 8:59 am

Hey Mark,

Out of interest, what are signal are you supplying to the UltraStudio Mini Recorder?

Keep in mind that the Mini Recorder isn't scaling/convert whatever you put into it, so if you want a (for example) 720p30 signal going into your computer, then you'll need to supply the Mini Recorder with a 720p30 signal.

Hope this helps!
John Barker
heretorecord.com

Mark Bauer

PostMon May 01, 2017 7:01 pm

John Barker wrote:Hey Mark,

Out of interest, what are signal are you supplying to the UltraStudio Mini Recorder?

Keep in mind that the Mini Recorder isn't scaling/convert whatever you put into it, so if you want a (for example) 720p30 signal going into your computer, then you'll need to supply the Mini Recorder with a 720p30 signal.

Hope this helps!

It's not the miniRecorder, it's the "UltraStudio Express." And I'm sending the signal via a HDMI. I was able to get my hands on a HDMI scaler, where I can get the signal down to 720p60, but not to 720p30. With this I can get the signal to show up in places where I can control the input signal it's looking for (ie Premiere) but I can not get it to show up in WebEx, my desired location.

Chris McClement

PostThu May 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Mark Bauer wrote: I need to make it a 720p30 or at least 1080p29.97.

Why do you need to do this? What software are you feeding the captured feed into? Most software should be able to accept whatever signal you're receiving and work with it.

Return to Live Production