ATEM Midi Iris control

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ryan Somerfield

ATEM Midi Iris control

PostMon May 08, 2017 2:29 am

Hey guys!

I have been looking around for months now trying to find some sort of midi iris control for the ATEM software. Its great that the Resolve micro controller works with colour, but ultimately I am looking for a simple fader and dial control of Iris and master blacks and switching of an aux bus for a ccu op, using something like the Korg Nano Kontrol Mixer. Using a mouse can be pretty annoying.. Does anyone know of a solution to do this? Or if someone is more coding minded could make something? Im even happy to pay for the software/time to make it..
I know there are many midi converters for both mac and windows, just looking for a way for that to talk to the ATEM software in camera control, all I can find is just about everything else. I have a job at the end of the month with a bunch of Ursa Mini's and would love a solution by then.

Thanks guys!
Ryan

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM Midi Iris control

PostMon May 08, 2017 5:28 pm

JustMacro's with a midi panel connected to the PC ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Dylan Garton

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 2:07 pm

Ryan Somerfield wrote:Hey guys!

I have been looking around for months now trying to find some sort of midi iris control for the ATEM software. Its great that the Resolve micro controller works with colour, but ultimately I am looking for a simple fader and dial control of Iris and master blacks...

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Did you find a solution for this? I'm looking for a better way of tweaking the iris on four Micro Studio Cameras while I'm vision mixing. I'm happy to do it, but it's very hard when you have to flick between tabs.

In an ideal world I'd have another person on a separate laptop racking the cameras, but here we are.

Ryan Somerfield

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Dylan Garton wrote:
Ryan Somerfield wrote:Hey guys!

I have been looking around for months now trying to find some sort of midi iris control for the ATEM software. Its great that the Resolve micro controller works with colour, but ultimately I am looking for a simple fader and dial control of Iris and master blacks...

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Did you find a solution for this? I'm looking for a better way of tweaking the iris on four Micro Studio Cameras while I'm vision mixing. I'm happy to do it, but it's very hard when you have to flick between tabs.

In an ideal world I'd have another person on a separate laptop racking the cameras, but here we are.

Hey mate, I ended up doing a custom solution using Arduinos, works a treat! I have a bit of a run through in this video

We used the code from http://skaarhoj.com/ which was super helpful! But had one of my tech coding guys do the code for me, took a bit of time but works great now!

Return to Live Production