Ursa Mini 4.6 Live Setup Tour

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Ryan Somerfield

Ursa Mini 4.6 Live Setup Tour

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 6:20 am

Hey guys, I thought this might be of interest to those thinking of using the URSA mini's in live mode. I recently did a conference and ran basically entirely Blackmagic cameras and switch for it, running the URSA mini 4.6k's and Ursa mini Pro with B4. I put together a quick tour of everything so hope this helps! I know I have been looking for something like this for ages.

Here is the final outcome on the stream

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

Isidoro Tardivo

Re: Ursa Mini 4.6 Live Setup Tour

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 11:06 am

Hi Ryan, great work.
Two question: how did you resolve the 3ms latency? For example, the audio sync or the output send on the stage monitor?
What kind of lens did you use?
Thank you for this video, the quality seems really good, even for a broadcasting environment.

George E. Kennedy, Jr.

PostTue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 am

Ryan, Great example of the power of these cameras and the ability to do Live or Cinema. Nice seeing the Mini Panel in action too.

Decimanators should be part of every Live kit. Have four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
gek, jr.

Ryan Somerfield

PostWed Jun 07, 2017 12:25 am

Isidoro Tardivo wrote:Hi Ryan, great work.
Two question: how did you resolve the 3ms latency? For example, the audio sync or the output send on the stage monitor?
What kind of lens did you use?
Thank you for this video, the quality seems really good, even for a broadcasting environment.

Hey mate, I added a bit of delay to get the audio and video back in sync on the audio console so that was all good, There was a bit of delay on screen but not bad enough to be noticeably bad, Not much worse than ive seen other places running Sony's and such. Next time ill do an test to see how many frames/ms are lost. The cameras were set to sync to the switcher so that hopefully took away some delay too.

The B4 lens was a Canon HJ22ex7.6 BIASE HD zoom lens, stage camera was a Canon 70-200 2.8 IS ii, Dolly was a 24-70 2.8 ii. The jib had a 11-16 2.8 Tokina.

Hope that helps!

Return to Live Production