Can I replace this equipment ??

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JoaquinVilchez

Can I replace this equipment ??

PostThu Jun 15, 2017 4:20 pm

1421/5000
Hello people, it's my first post in the forum.
I am Joaquin from Argentina. - I'm using a translator, sorry if you can not understand correctly.

I have a question:

We are trying to improve the equipment of a television channel of cable of my town that already is very old (2004) and I am reading from January the technical specifications of each product of blackmagic and I arrive at a conclusion, of which I made a map that I would like you to see:

Enter this link to see the map, because it will not let me put URL's
https://ibb.co/cnsGYQ

As you see, the television channel does not require much equipment like others ... it's a town. Therefore due to the budget we handled I assumed that with that equipment would be fine. - "Cablevision" is the cable company that works in my country [HD fiber]

But then, reading a little more, and trying to reduce the cost a little, because in my country prices are rising a lot (about 1000 dollars more than the original price) I was thinking of replacing the BlackMagic Web Presenter and the BlackMagic HyperDeck Mini By the capture plate Intensity PRO 4k ... and the map would look like this:

Enter this link to see the map, because it will not let me put URL's
https://ibb.co/jDnuL5

I know it's not the same professionalism, but somehow or other they fulfill the same function I suppose.

The Intensity PRO 4K can capture the image and transmit it to YouTube Live / Facebook and at the same time record in HD the program that leaves from the ATEM?

I hope your answer, it would serve me a lot!

Thank you!!!!

Markus Leodolter

Re: Can I replace this equipment ??

PostThu Jun 15, 2017 8:20 pm

If you use the Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K instead of the intensity pro 4k you dont´t need a converter.

You will need a fast computer for streaming and recording at the same time!

Ricardo Sagrera

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Hola las camaras que Canon la salidas son con MENU no creo que puedan servir para el vivo .Es un Aporte saludos

roger.suski

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 3:15 pm

Perhaps use the Teradek VidiU Mini for transmission to online. It is pretty rock solid and doesn't require a separate computer to make the stream. One of the Teradek VidiU units also supports recording to an SD card while streaming, so that sounds like what you may be after.

I'm not sure what the DSLR cameras go for in your country, but for not much more, you can get a HD Studio camera with a proper sized viewfinder, tallys and camera control. Might be out of your budget. Might not need that function.

Return to Live Production