Trading the 1m/e Production studio 4K for a TVS HD??

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Fernando Astudillo

Trading the 1m/e Production studio 4K for a TVS HD??

PostThu Jun 15, 2017 4:21 pm

Hi guys, with the recent lauch of the ATEM Television Studio HD and Pro i started to wonder whether its a good a idea to sell my 1m/e 4k Switcher and getting the TVS HD....

i know it sounds like a no brainer question... but since i started working on CCTV and events ive never used more than 3/4 SDI cameras, and never went beyond 1080i60 (i live in chile and 4K broadcast its A LONG WAY ahead of us) so im starting to think that the 4k its kind of an overkill, and selling it and buying the TVS plus some accesories, like the web presenter and teranex minis or hyperdeck minis might be a nice call.

The other thought i have is going for the TVS HD PRO... but it would be just like a trade for the 4k considering the price. but seems nice to have a control panel for that price... considering the 1 m/e broadcast panel costs almost twice the price just for controlling, but there´s also a lot of features of the TVS PRO i wont use like tally, talkback, color correction, since im not using and not planing to buy BM cameras.

So im right in the middle ground liking all the hardware BM does LOL.... but ill like to now what you guys think about this products considering the above reasons.

Best regards! :ugeek:

Return to Live Production