Using BM Web Presenter to post on Facebook LIVE?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jose Maldonado

Using BM Web Presenter to post on Facebook LIVE?

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Hey guys,

Just curious what video quality you guys are seeing, when posting on Facebook Live using the Web Presenter? The reason I asked is because the other day I was trying it out for the first time and the Max resolution i could see was only 360P when viewing the stream live on Facebook. I am not using any 3rd party encoder and I am posting straight to Facebook Live using the BM web Presenter. I am feeding the BM Web Presenter a 720p (59.94) source and the preview of the stream looks like a good quality on Facebook, but when I stream it and go LIVE on Facebook the stream quality is not that good. Also note that I have a good internet connection with 86 Mbps download speeds and 30 Mbps upload speeds. Could it be that its a Facebook setting that I have to tweak to up the quality maybe? If so I have looked all over Facebook and have not been able to find where to change the settings and there is no way to tweak the setting on the BM Web Presenter as well. I did not try using any 3rd party encoders like OBS or Wirecast as that is not how I intend to this this product.

Any advice that you guy can give me will be well appreciated!

Thanks!

Jose

HannanCade

Re: Using BM Web Presenter to post on Facebook LIVE?

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 6:13 am

Recently I have been having that issue as well. Maybe FB is having issues on their side... sometimes it works and sometimes looks at 240p or something

Phil Hadfield

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 6:49 am

Have you tried forcing it with OBS. Using 720p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denny Smith

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 pm

From what I understand about the WebPresenter, it sets the frame rate based in the streaming service and available band width of the connection, not sure you can force it to any one FR, like 720p (which is the Mac FR setting, it goes down from there).
DS
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Jack Fairley

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Facebook Live accepts 720p30 at 4Mbps, and I find that it always looks terrible.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Jose Maldonado

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Phil Hadfield wrote:Have you tried forcing it with OBS. Using 720p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Phil,

I have not tried using OBS as we would like to use the Web presenter as a Webcam, but will be experiment with a 3rd party encoder like OBS.

Thanks!

Jose

Kennard Balme

PostSun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm

Hey mates.. working with web presenter firmware 1.2 video feed from Sony pxw via SDI into BM switcher. Audio from main speaker fed from aux on main x 32 board to a channel on another dedicated x32. BM web presenter connected to my laptop where OBS is installed. We go live on Facebook and get perfect video no drops and even with the 20 second delay from OBS to FB they audio and video are synced. The problem is with the audio inside of OBS. We get stream key for FB ( we can already see the auditorium video feed in OBS)add to OBS and start streaming live in OBS. Audio sounds like an Am radio play back. Like a Mr microphone almost. The sound to the 2nd board from the main board is prestine. Sound in switcher also good to go. We have literally tried every setting on both boards trying to resolve the peaking affect no joy. Tried in OBS to change bit rates around, stereo vs mono. 44 vs 48 MHz I think the two choices are and we have had no change in the audio results. Close to returning the BM presenter. Main thought here in OBS how does it work if you don't use the BMWP audio xlr in and instead use the audio feed off the switcher? In audio settings we have tried to set default to tell BMWP we are not running audio through the presenter rather use the audio feed in the switcher. We are sure in the switcher and from the boards the level are not too high so we are not getting audio that is being clipped. Is the presenter and how it blends the audio having trouble providing a a good audio source to OBS? Was the presenter ever really intended for a mixer board being the primary audio source instead using the presenters xlr input instead? Please respond kindly.

Richard Jupe

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 10:46 am

Hi Kennard,
Sounds like you are having the same issue as me. (Apolagies if I get details wrong... I'm very new to video). But we are getting really clean audio when going straight to FB live through web presenter. But when we go through OBS we get hugh static. I've spent the day trying to resolve this, and all I can think is that OBS is somehow trying to auto correct levels. As when there is voice talking into the audio it gets a lot cleaner. however when it's quiet, the noise just ramps up (at least this is what it seems like). If you look at the audio scale on OBS it's flicking around 50% when there is NO sound. (while the program feed it almost non-existent).
Any help on this would be great.
Cheers Richard

Kennard Balme

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi Richard,

Not sure this will help you mate, here is what work around we have going. We are only using the web presenter for the video source, same camera set up, same web presenter, audio from main FOH goes into a 2nd x32 producer digital mixer. We switched out the window 10 laptop that was running OBS and had the connections from the BM switcher and the web presenter and instead used an MacBook Pro still using OBS. The key was a USB cable from the 2nd x 32 to the mac with a driver downloaded from Beringer the vendor of the board. We then went into the audio settings for the web presenter in OBS and saw the USB driver showing for the alternate audio source. We knew no other audio sources at the MacBook or an other was going through the web presenter, only the video. Then inside of the advanced audio settings in OBS we had to add a delay to audio and video would snyc. After that we haven't had a problem with audio sounding muffled or peaking. The web presenter will consider any audio source hot and the internal embedder inside of the web presenter will try to blend the feeds and it wont matter what you do in OBS if web presenter is doing that. My experience friend hope it helps you... Cheers!
Ken Balme - Technical Director
Harbor of Hope Assembly of God

Return to Live Production