Color OutpuT

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Sokorai

Color OutpuT

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 6:14 pm

I have a new BM ATEM TV Studio Pro HD console. Was mixing video from 4 laptops all using HDMI input. Mixer is set to 1080p. The HDMI Preview looks AMAZING! However My PRG SDI Output the colors are all wrong. Black is Green, White is Pink etc. Ideas?

Thomas Seewald

Re: Color OutpuT

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 7:04 pm

How do you display the SDI out ? It seems, your monitor works with a false color space. This often happens, when a computer monitor is used. So my question: do you use a SDI to HDMI converter and a HDMI computer monitor ?
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

George Sokorai

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 8:52 pm

No convertes. Computer output was HDMI, to HDMI in on BM ATEM. Out of BM ATEM via SDI
Monitor was a Television VISIO and I used the PREVIEW HDMI out of the BM ATEM directly to the TV, that was fine. PRG SDI directly to monitor, colors were wrong.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 pm

Hello George. The ATEM SDI output is 422 YUV. Your TV may be thinking it's RGB. You should be able to set this in your TV menu for YUV.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

George Sokorai

PostSat Jun 24, 2017 11:05 pm

Hi Gary, The DSI out of the BM/ATEM went to the SDI in on an LED video wall processor. I've used the video wall processors SDI input before with no issues.

George Sokorai

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Took me a while, but I figured it out. Set 3G SDI Output Level to Level A. If you use a video wall processor use Level A. I would like a technical explanation of the differences between Level A and B so I know how to use this setting in the future. Also BMD Team, I would LOVE to have the ability to hook us to my ATEM via USB instead of ethernet to change settings.

Xtreemtec

PostWed Jun 28, 2017 3:27 pm

3G A vs B standard is an old one.. You can't see the difference between them.. It is 2 different types of sending the data order of the video bits.. One is based on 2x 1,5G Interlaced sequencesal.. The other is every frame in a wrapper..

It is just good to know if your device support both standards or has a setting to switch.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production