newbie - 2 problems/q's

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Richard Haley

newbie - 2 problems/q's

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Hi all,

I have just built and installed a new video system into our church with an ATEM TVS HD, hyperdeck, splitters, camera's etc. All working great - except 2 problems...
The TVS HD is not saving settings - specifically, down stream key source - it defaults to black, but I want it to be media player 1 so that we can superimpose messages and graphics over live video - every time its powered off, it defaults back to black. I saved it via a mac and can recall, but I don't want a computer connected every time. Any help???

The other question is we have a blueray player that is outputting on 1080p 50, everything else in 1080p 60. and I just get a black screen. If I plug it straight into a projector or monitor, it works, but plugging into the TVS it doesn't - I'm sure its a simple fix - any help???

Thank you everyone

David Peddicord

Re: newbie - 2 problems/q's

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 4:20 am

Richard Haley wrote:Hi all,
every time its powered off, it defaults back to black.

Don't turn it off.

HansSpoor

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 12:38 pm

You should use the LCD Menus and the control knob to set your defaults on your ATEM Television Studio HD. The ATEM software on the Mac stores the settings on the Mac only.

The ATEMs require the same input from all sources, so if you use 1080p60, everything should be 1080p60.

The manual does document this:
Setting the Switcher Video Standard
The video setting is used to select the operating video standard of the ATEM switcher, and this
must be set to the same video standard as the video sources you are plugging into the ATEM
switcher. If they don’t match, the inputs won’t appear correctly, and will most likely remain black.

Richard Haley

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 pm

Ok, done some more research. I understand now that plugging a DVD player into an ATEM is not possible because of HDCP.

I have used the menu system on the ATEM to change settings, but still not remembered when powered off

Jack Fairley

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 9:39 pm

Not sure about the TVS HD, but on my 2 M/E it lets me save a startup config using the ATEM control software.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Richard Haley

PostSat Jul 01, 2017 10:18 pm

Great thanks. Found it. Save start up state in the software.

Return to Live Production