Live wall (Facebook & Twitter) - What do you guys use ?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

martinlebel

Live wall (Facebook & Twitter) - What do you guys use ?

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi !

I was wondering what piece of software you guys uses for live production to monitor a Twitter feed/hashtag or the comments on a Facebook page and then display only the moderated comments as a "news ticker" or full screen (between the shows).

I'm using the ATEM Television studio as my switcher

Thank for your thoughts
Own: Canon 5D Mk4, Canon 6D, Ronin-M, Zoom F8, ATEM TV HD, ATEM TV, ATEM 1 M/E control panel, Video Hub 20x20, Teranex Express, Bag full of BMD converters, Decimator HD-MX, DAC-70, Teradek Vidiu, 2x Tentacle Sync, SmallHD703.

Wants: Teradek Bolt 3000

Jack Fairley

Re: Live wall (Facebook & Twitter) - What do you guys use ?

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm

When this kind of thing is necessary we rent an XPression machine. I'm sure it's also possible with CasparCG. Just need some kind of key + fill and ability to edit the text on the fly.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Dave Del Vecchio

PostTue Jun 27, 2017 10:34 pm

For CasparCG there is SocialTVHub: http://socialtvhub.com
It includes a tool for monitoring posts from Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram as well as a set of CasparCG templates and CasparCG client for displaying them on air.

Lance Lewis

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Propresenter. Did this just last weekend.
-Lance Lewis
Champion Video
www.ChampionVideoOnline.com
Neenah, WI

dpictMEDIA

PostTue Jul 11, 2017 2:03 pm

I frequently use "tintup" seems robust and easy to moderate. They have various levels of pricing available. Have had zero problems after a dozen or so uses.
Aric Mackey

Jan Bednar

PostWed Jul 12, 2017 9:49 pm

Im using Caspar CG with my own python coded social-grabber with moderating view.
Second option, but not as well good as sending overlay to the switcher, is to create that
overlay with i.e. stream software right before streaming out - I use OBS Studio and again
that social-grabber. If you are interested, I can send it to you, but Im not sure, if it will works properly ;)
Need lot of libraries in python, but not big problem to handle it. I need that social feed maybe once, max twice a year.

20mChop

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 12:42 pm

Jan Bednar wrote:Im using Caspar CG with my own python coded social-grabber with moderating view.
Second option, but not as well good as sending overlay to the switcher, is to create that
overlay with i.e. stream software right before streaming out - I use OBS Studio and again
that social-grabber. If you are interested, I can send it to you, but Im not sure, if it will works properly ;)
Need lot of libraries in python, but not big problem to handle it. I need that social feed maybe once, max twice a year.

Would be keen to see if your code could work for our situation. Social Tv Hub is too expensive for us unfortunately. Need a simple system to pull a twitter feed into a moderator and then display on screen via Caspar CG.

ishootyou.com

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 2:35 pm

The guy at H2R Graphics is currently developing a solution to offer this for Youtube Live chats (for free by the way). Should this succeed I could imagine he would be able to do the same with other platforms that offer API access.
------------------------
ishootyou.com
Teaching photography and videography in Switzerland

Return to Live Production