need some help finding the right lens!!

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

David Carey

need some help finding the right lens!!

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 10:20 pm

we recently purchsed black magic studio camera hd purchased on eof the suggested lenses on the support page. lens worked fine except needed lower fstop 2.8 to be exact have researched and ordered another lens and was told by rep at bh photo that it was a servo lens but it turned out not to be. so nnedles to say i am getting frustrated with the search for the coorect lens need auto focus and power zoom fstop 2.8 and zoom needs to be 24mm-100mm or something thike that no higher my camera is set up about 60' from the stage area.

somebody please lend me your expertise or experience with this camera

thanks

Tom_Bassford

Re: need some help finding the right lens!!

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 4:05 am

There are no fast lenses with servo zoom.

You would be better to return the camera and get a normal camcorder in it's place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Denny Smith

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 5:58 am

There are no MFT servo zoom lenses that are a constant f/2.8. The f/2.8 MFT zooms are all manual zoom (so internal servo), and nine in the 24-100mm zoom range. You are going to need to loom at the Angenieux Optimo series has a 28-76 fast zoom and a few other older S16 lenses that pop up,now and then. Canon also Mae a few in this range. Nothing new under $15K, especially in servo zooms.

Another option is to adapt a B4 2/3rds EanG HD zoom lens ($6-8K used), which will require external power for,the zoom servo and a $1500-2K B4/MFT optically corrected lens mount adapter.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Tom_Bassford

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 7:01 am

If you have the $7500 per camera to try and make a working solution then you'll be much better off ditching blackmagic cameras and getting something better. You can buy 3 used Sony EX3 cameras for the price of getting a single BMD camera fitted out with a B4 lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Return to Live Production