decklink Mini Recorder Issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Steven Helman

decklink Mini Recorder Issue

PostSun Jul 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I've done a recording setup at my church. I have two Decklink Mini Recorders running, i have a camera going into one and it is working perfectly. The second is the problem. Our slide pc is pushing VGA to a VGA video splitter. from there i have a powered VGA to HDMI adapter. When i connect that HDMI cable into the capture card it doesn't show that i am getting any signal, but if i connect the cable to the monitor it works just fine.

Any ideas?

Joseph Villegas

Re: decklink Mini Recorder Issue

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 2:47 am

Those cheap chinese adapters never talk well with the BM hardware...

I had similar issue with a video-hdmi adaptor

Xtreemtec

Re: decklink Mini Recorder Issue

PostTue Jul 18, 2017 3:00 pm

Try to set the resolution on the VGA port to some supported resolution like 1280x720 @50 or 60 frames.

VGA tends to have a lot of WEIRD resolutions that are no broadcast resolutions.. So it is not supported.. Also many video output cards tend to run 75 80 85Hz frame rates as that is better for your eye sight if you are working all day long on your computer.. But Anything above 60Hz won't work in broadcast..

To change the frequency most of th time you have to go to the advanced settings of the video card..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production