HyperDeck Studio Mini Improvements

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Doug Johnson

HyperDeck Studio Mini Improvements

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 am

Now that I've had a while to really become accustomed to the HDS Mini, I've got a few suggestions, in case anyone from BMD may be monitoring...

* Would love to have the ability to fast forward/rewind from the front panel. Maybe some combination of holding the Play button while pressing prev/next buttons?

* I know the hardware is capable of variable speed playback. A way to access that from the front panel would be fantastic. Maybe by rotating the knob while video is playing?

* Faster switching between preview mode and playback mode would be helpful. It seems to take next to forever.

* An easy way to select the SD card for playback/recording would be really nice to have.

Thanks for listening!

Mike Bernstein

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini Improvements

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 pm

A headphone jack would have been awesome!!!

Wake up Blackmagic We need headphone jacks to listen to our recordings!!!!!

rogersuski

Re: HyperDeck Studio Mini Improvements

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 12:34 am

+1 on the headphone jack. And +1000000 for supporting both 3G Level A and B across the entire product line. I *could* monitor my recordings with a headphone enabled monitor from another supplier...but it only deals in Level A. I *could* also monitor my recordings with the BMD audio monitor, except they didn't put a decent headphone amp in it, so that's out as well.

Tone is best seen on a meter, audio is best heard with your ears.

Return to Live Production