Hyperdeck Mini Picky About Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rogersuski

Hyperdeck Mini Picky About Audio

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 3:01 am

Hello,

I'm finding that I route a raw PTZ camera feed that does not contain any audio through my 40x router to a HDMini, the Hyperdeck Mini does not recognize this signal. When I route the same source through my 40x router to my 2ME switcher and it picks up program audio (even if silent) the HDMini loves that all day long.

Is this a known issue? A bug? Or an intended feature?

While *having* program audio on ISO recordings is a great, not necessarily a requirement if TC is locked through production chain. If this was intended, perhaps adding that to the documentation would be in order. Or -- fix it so that the units *will* record video streams that have no audio data.

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Mini Picky About Audio

PostTue Aug 08, 2017 9:22 am

Are you sure that it is only about the audio? I mean when you put it trough a mixer it gets processed by the mixer.. So the data of this PTZ camera becomes fully re-calculated.. And is conform SMPTE standard.

What is the type and brand of this PTZ camera? And what resolution are you feeding? For example it could be if you use 1080P you have a 3Gsdi signal which could be Level A or Level B. But for 3G you also need a Payload ID to be included in the stream for gear to reconice it as a 3G level A or B signal..

If the camera comes from a Security background.. (There are chinese companies building PTZ cameras that don't conform them to the SMPTE standard.. Missing the Payload ID will is some cases gives you a lot of headaches.. ;) And not all BMD gear accepts all standards.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

rogersuski

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 am

3G SDI level was my first thought, but the issue persisted when I changed resolution down to 720p59.94

These are Sony BRC cameras.

Other sources (admittedly ones that did have audio) did come through as a true ISO without going through switcher.

I even applied sync to the BRCs hoping that would give some joy, but no.

It may *not* be the lack of audio in this case, but so far in my limited testing, that is the differentiating factor. More data to come, but wanted to hear from others on what they were finding.

That, and the raw video from these cameras is viewable *everywhere* else without going through the switcher also was interesting

Xtreemtec

PostMon Aug 14, 2017 12:55 pm

For a BRC i would expect there should be no issues.. :? But still it could be there is some payload ID missing..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production