Using Hyperdeck Mini for playback - audio output?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

chrisclarke

Using Hyperdeck Mini for playback - audio output?

PostSat Aug 12, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi, I run visuals and audio - mainly for small conferences and local community events. Sound is usually managed separately with a feed from the mixer into the ATEM TV studio (now upgraded to HD model) for recording purposes only.

We currently use a laptop for VT segments, with HDMI to an input on the ATEM and sound fed separately to the mixer.

I'm thinking of investing in a couple of Hyperdeck Minis - one for recording and the other for playback which will free up a laptop.

I'm wondering what the best way of getting audio out to the mixer is - I'm assuming a de-embedder connected to the second SDI output feeding into the mixer.

Just wanting to check this is the best solution and I'm not missing something somewhere! Thanks!

Peter Wood

Re: Using Hyperdeck Mini for playback - audio output?

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 10:43 am

Yes you are on the right track you will need a "SDI to Audio" mini converter to get analog audio out of the Hyperdeck mini.
Woody

rogersuski

Re: Using Hyperdeck Mini for playback - audio output?

PostSun Aug 20, 2017 5:18 pm

If you have a rack that you put all of this in, I'd suggest a Teranex Mini unit as it will mount nicely next to the other two units. I don't think you'll want to limit it to the SDI to audio model as that'll be it. A few of the other converters do *something* in addition to getting you balanced audio out.

If you want to stay lower end, you *could* get an HDMI to VGA adapter with audio support. That'll get you a 3.5mm audio out for the mixer. Yeah, it is a bit hacky, but super cheap.

Return to Live Production