Using DVE to get around a camera with no clean video out

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PhilipJames96

Using DVE to get around a camera with no clean video out

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 7:19 am

I'm looking at buying a BM TV studio HD for live video switching at much church. I have about 5 different cameras, a mix of gopros and DSLR's but one of the DSLR's is a canon 60D which doesn't have a clean HDMI output, by which I mean, it has different information displayed around the edge of the image it outputs like battery info and record time. this isn't good for broadcasting and as a result I can't use this camera, however, I was looking up the details of the switcher and DVE is mentioned very briefly in the different material I've looked at so i can't find out much about it other than it being useful for Picture in Picture and transitions (which i don't think I'd use anyway because I think they look cheesy.) Could you use this functionality in a way that it's not really meant to be used to scale up the 60D's source image so that the information around the edge of the image is pushed out of the displayable image for the programme output?

Hopefully I've articulated that in a way you can understand. Thanks for any light you can ahead on this question!

Xtreemtec

Re: Using DVE to get around a camera with no clean video out

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 4:51 pm

Well in theory it would be possibe.. But switching this source and activating the DVE every time you select this source would be a nightmare.. ;)

Better get something else then a 60D or even DSLR.. as they are not great at all for live video's....
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production