ATEM StudioHD Audio embedded does not recognize panasonic P2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Miguel Martinez

ATEM StudioHD Audio embedded does not recognize panasonic P2

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 8:40 am

I use ATEM Studio HD and the program output 625 SD 16: 9 with embedded audio is not recognized by Panasonic P2 (ag-hpg20) or Sony xdcam equipment, it only recognizes blackmagic audio equipment such as Hyperdeck .... Is there any solution or Knows the problem because the embedded audio does not work on Panasonic or Sony equipment, thanks

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM StudioHD Audio embedded does not recognize panasoni

PostFri Aug 25, 2017 3:40 pm

What are you trying to do?? Send the PGM output back to the cameras?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Miguel Martinez

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 6:54 am

Hello,
I want to record the realization with audio on an aghpg20 panasonic p2 recorder and on a sony xdcam recorder PDW1500, the video looks without problem but the audio does not appear, on a hyperdeck studio recorder if audio arrives, the signal is 625 pal SD 16: 9 and only 2 audio channels.

Xtreemtec

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 9:58 am

Oke.. Check with your decks if they are set to Embedded audio?! Maybe they are configured for XLR external audio!!

2 channels of audio from the atem is normal.. Only CH 1 & 2 will have audio.
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Miguel Martinez

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 10:37 am

The panasonic p2 equipment only records with embedded audio, has no analog audio input and sony xdcam is configured with audio sdi.

David Peddicord

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 6:24 pm

Miguel Martinez wrote:The panasonic p2 equipment only records with embedded audio, has no analog audio input and sony xdcam is configured with audio sdi.

According to the Panasonic manual, Embedded Audio can be turned off or on.

Xtreemtec

PostSat Aug 26, 2017 7:12 pm

For the PDW1500 does the SDI led's lit in the audio section??
There are several input modes.. (Analog, Sdi, AES EBU, SG, DATA) Also check you have the level open..

See page 22 /23 of the manual https://www.sony.co.uk/pro/support/atta ... DpSWVR82cy

Miguel Martinez

PostSun Aug 27, 2017 6:26 am

Thanks, but the equipment is well configured, I try with other signals in the same format and no problem, I tried with the signal of a camera or with another mixer and there is no problem, there is only problem with Atem studioHD

David Peddicord

PostSun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 pm

Miguel Martinez wrote:Thanks, but the equipment is well configured, I try with other signals in the same format and no problem, I tried with the signal of a camera or with another mixer and there is no problem, there is only problem with Atem studioHD

All things being equal and knowing the oddities of BMD products, could we speculate that the audio coming out of the ATEM is NOT the correct format?

Really odd. Hope you figure it out.

John Kane

PostMon Aug 28, 2017 4:05 am

Finally someone else is having the same problem.
In my case it's a 2 M/E Production Studio 4K running in 625i
The audio from the XLR inputs shows up on the multi-viewer and records on to a Samurai Blade on ME 1 PROG but is missing on a Sony HVR-1500 HDV deck.
The actual signal path is
M/E 1 PROG - Smart Videohub 40x40 - HVR-1500. Have also tried this without the router. Same result

If I use a Mini Converter to embed the audio then both the Samurai and the Sony deck can see audio. I would sooner be using the embedder to add more channels of audio
John Kane
VITC Video
Christchurch, New Zealand
1 x 4K 2M/E, 1 x Videohub 40x40, many mini converters

Miguel Martinez

PostMon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 am

The problem I think is that the Atem studio HD generates 16 output audio in the embedded audio, although the features say they are only 2 audios, I think there are 16 audios like the hyperdeck studio, normally the panasonic or sony equipment in 625 format Use at most 8 audios, I think that's the problem.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Aug 28, 2017 4:47 pm

In SD you only have 8 channels by SMPTE standard.. So BMD would not create 16 ch but 8 channels in SD..

But oke there seems to be a problem with SD-sdi not up to spec or missing some payload ID maybe..
I think they are testing the software mostly on HD.. and my guess is that SD gets tested but probably only with a hyperdeck or monitor behind it to check if they have an image and some audio..

Don't count on that BMD have other recorders at there firmware test site to check these things.. Maybe some HD stuff.. But i guess they don't test SD everytime they make a new firmware updates.. There might be bug in some untouched code... Who knows.. But shoot a support ticket in and see if they can replicate the situation. ;)

Miguel Martinez

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 7:54 am

Thanks in HD format I have no problem, only in SD format is where the problem is, but I have clients that only work in SD and I have to do it in that format ... Does anyone in Blackmagic have any solutions?

Xtreemtec

PostTue Aug 29, 2017 11:19 am

If you want BMD to give you an answer on this one you need to contact support.. The forum is user based. There are a few moderators.. But questions like this can be best emailing support

Return to Live Production