Instant replay for sidelines

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ToddMiller

Instant replay for sidelines

PostSun Sep 03, 2017 4:40 pm

Coach asked me to develop a sideline replay system instead of using the very costly subscription based models that are available like HUDL and such and over the past couple of years I have kept making it better. The only drawback I have now is the speed that the plays are received on the iPads, its not slow but could be a lot faster.

Set up:
Sony NXCAM HXR-NX7ON set at 1080/60i FH
into a Blackmagic 7" video assist to a
UltraStudio mini recorder and then a MacBook pro
using media express to capture plays.

I then use a Amped Wireless MIMO wireless router and Stream to Me apps on the computer to get the plays to the iPads.

The plays get there and are viewable but I'd like for it to be faster. I am thinking that the capture resolution is to high and slows down the download process on the iPads. I also use this set up to film for game tape and highlights at the same time. My son operates the MacBook pro for replay and I use the camera and video assist for film, so I'd like not to have a resolution loss in the game tape. I've poked around thru settings looking for MP4 or M4V but no luck.

If there is a tweak in that set up which would help that would be great. Also, would a Web Presenter help? I already do live broadcast off the same set up and was thinking of getting one.

Thanks for any advice!
Todd Miler

Return to Live Production