Using ATEM Television Studio to do Livestream

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Erin Goodier

Using ATEM Television Studio to do Livestream

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi everyone,

I currently have the ATEM Television Studio and I have been able to connect it and my camera to the Software Control software fine. However, I want to use this for live streaming. I have a Livestream account and am trying to get the two to connect. I have heard conflicting things about whether this is even possible so I was wondering if anyone has been able to get that to work. If its not possible, am I able to use the ATEM TVS for Facebook Lives?

(Also, I am using a mac, I could use a PC if absolutely necessary but it would be MUCH easier if I could use the mac for this.)

Xtreemtec

Re: Using ATEM Television Studio to do Livestream

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 12:38 pm

If you have an old TVS ( those without buttons on the front. ) Yes then you will have a H264 encoder inside. Connect USB to a PC/mac and install the propper drivers. Desktop video.
Be aware that you can have trouble with audio lipsync getting worse after an hour of H264 session.

You will need some software that supports the TVS as input device.. Not supported by all streaming software for sure!

The net TVS HD and HD Pro don't have this feature anymore and you will need to buy an external capture device.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Denny Smith

Re: Using ATEM Television Studio to do Livestream

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 4:12 pm

You could add the BM Web Presenter to the ATEM HD, to stream the signal as a web cam.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production