1080i59.94 program output problem

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

King Catoy

1080i59.94 program output problem

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 2:21 pm

For my cameras and macbook pro hdmi sources to work together (based on what i see in my multiview monitor, my ATEM software control video standard should be 1080i59.94. Here’s my setup:

1. Atem Television Studio HD (7.1.2)
2. SDI to HDMI MIcro converter
3. Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt (driver 10.9.7)
4. 2 Lumix GH4 cameras
5. 1 Lumix GH3 camera
6. Macbook pro 2016 running 10.11.6

How they are connected:

A. cameras and the macbook pro are connected as hdmi sources in the atem television studio hd
B. Multiview monitor is connected via HDMI
C. Program out is connected via SDI —> Black Magic SDI to HDMI micro converter —> Black Magic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt —> Macbook Pro as program recorder—> mimolive or wirecast for graphics work and live web distribution

Problems and scenarios:

a. black magic express or mimolive does not recognize the 1080i59.94 signal, no audio, nothing.

b. if i change my atem software control video standard to 1080p29.97, black magic media express recognizes it. i can record the program in media express and mimolive. this will not do because my macbook pro hdmi signal cant be set to 29.97. i am going to need this as playback source via vlc.

c. if i change my atem software control video standard to 720p59.94, black magic media express recognizes it. i can record the program in media express and mimolive. this will not do because my lumix gh3 cant be set to 29.97p, it only sends interlaced signal.

i dont understand why my mac cant record under 1080i59.94. please help.

king

Xtreemtec

Re: 1080i59.94 program output problem

PostTue Sep 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Well in basic this setup should work.

But for troubleshooting connect the hdmi output of the micro converter to a HD tv and scheck with the INFO button what resolution and framerate the TV reports..

Also connect a HDMI lead to the input of the Intensity and try to output a 1080i59.94 signal to check if another source will work..

Or even connect your camera directly to see if you can input that.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production