I have a problem with web presenter and the canon 5DMK3

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

luiscadenajr

I have a problem with web presenter and the canon 5DMK3

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Hi There, I am new here in this forum. I have a problem running my web presenter and I hope I can explain my self clearly. Here we go:
I own a BM web presenter and I also a BM HDMI to SDI converter. My intention is to have some livestream clases using my Canon 5Dmk3 clean hdmi output and a macbook pro HDMI output for a screen grab using the converter. I am running OSB and I have everything running nice and pretty especially when I was using the Canon 5MK3 HDMI output to the web presenter HDMI input by it self, By the way I am using another computer an imac27 to run the web presenter and OBS. But now that I connect the macbook pro via hdmi to sdi converter I ran into this problem, every time I do a switch between the canon 5mk3(connected via HDMI) and the macbook pro(connected via HDMI to SDI converter) when I do this for some crazy reason my canon 5dmk3 feed goes out of wack and it makes the output feed of the camera a dirty HDMI feed.

I have tried connecting this the way around meaning my canon 5dmk3 with the SDI to HDMI converter and the HDMI oputput of my macbook pro directly into the HDMI input of the web presenter but the feed from my macbook pro for some reason does not work. it does not show anything and I have tried many many different HDMI cables.

I hope someone here can help me out. I am going crazy and I don't want to give up, but this is beyond my knowledge. Thanks and I hope I made my self clear enough.

Xtreemtec

Re: I have a problem with web presenter and the canon 5DMK3

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 2:25 pm

luiscadenajr wrote:and the HDMI oputput of my macbook pro directly into the HDMI input of the web presenter but the feed from my macbook pro for some reason does not work. it does not show anything and I have tried many many different HDMI cables.

This is a recent Mac problem. Check the forum.. You need to do some advanced settings and use Xres to get it running.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production