Audio Echo on ATEM Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

TanyaHutchins

Audio Echo on ATEM Studio HD

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

We're doing a live interview show going to social media platforms and we hear an echo. We're using wireless lav mics (Sennheiser) and even tried a wired lav,but the echo persists. Is there some setting that we forgot to use? We're using Livestream's Studio app and this year's version of the ATEM (not 4K).

3 cameras (2 Sony AX-2000s/AVCHD and 1 Panasonic UX-Series (set to 720p instead of 4K) with HDMI outputs to the Blackmagic ATEM Studio HD

1 host
1 guest

Asgeir Hustad

Re: Audio Echo on ATEM Studio HD

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 10:30 pm

Remember to turn off "Desktop Audio" in Livestream if you are monitoring with the streaming computer! Got burned by this once :)

David Peddicord

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 12:49 am

Asgeir Hustad wrote:Remember to turn off "Desktop Audio" in Livestream if you are monitoring with the streaming computer! Got burned by this once :)

Same issue happened to me doing a streaming job. Had Google Hangouts open and had to go into Windows to turn off its audio.

TanyaHutchins

PostTue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 pm

We don’t see a setting for Desktop Audio in Livestream. Is it in the computer settings?

Asgeir Hustad

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 am

I don't have a capture card handy, so I can only show a screenshot of what shouldn't be there (see image)

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 08.26.02.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 08.26.02.png (165.54 KiB) Viewed 2107 times

Apparently, it's called "Speakers Audio". When a capture card is connected, only the capture card should be active in the Audio Mixer. If you view your video to monitor it on the same computer, you will get an echo otherwise.

The Audio Mixer is found in the bottom bar of Livestream Producer when streaming.

TanyaHutchins

PostWed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 pm

We are using Livestream Studio, 4.0 not Producer and wireless mice but the echo even happens with wired mics. Thanks so much for responding.
Asgeir Hustad wrote:I don't have a capture card handy, so I can only show a screenshot of what shouldn't be there (see image)

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 08.26.02.png

Apparently, it's called "Speakers Audio". When a capture card is connected, only the capture card should be active in the Audio Mixer. If you view your video to monitor it on the same computer, you will get an echo otherwise.

The Audio Mixer is found in the bottom bar of Livestream Producer when streaming.

Return to Live Production