ATEM TV studio HD with Matrox Triplehead

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Brenden Villalobos

ATEM TV studio HD with Matrox Triplehead

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 3:04 am

Hello everyone,

I have an iMac running High Sierra with ProPresenter 6. We just purchased a new projector and a new switcher, the Black Magic ATEM TV studio HD

I am having problems getting a signal running through the Matrox Triplehead2Go Digital SE to the ATEM studio HD. The switcher that was being used prior (before the upgrade) was a Kramer and the signal was coming in from the Matrox via VGA.

Now the signal flow is this >iMac out via thunderbolt > in Matrox via DisplayPort out Matrox via DVI > in Black Magic via HDMI out Black Magic via SDI > in SDI to Projector.

A guy at ProPresenter said I might need something like an AJA ROI Mini Converter to pass thru EDID so that the Switcher can see the signal. Is this necessary?

Thanks!

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM TV studio HD with Matrox Triplehead

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:06 pm

Matrox Dual and tripleheads are huge headage devices.. Have dealed with them numours of times in the past.. And 6 out of 7 jobs we got rid of those evil devices and gone a different route..

The best way is using a decklink card or videocard with enough outputs.. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Matt Certa

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Tripleheads and edid are big pains in the rear. But the guys at renewed vision know their stuff to make it work.

Brenden Villalobos

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

Thanks for the responses.

My facility has decided to go away with the 2 side projectors. (what I wanted originally because they looked terrible next to the new 10,000 lumen projector). Anyway, that got rid of the triplehead and the ATEM switcher works great now.

So as far as this thread goes, I no longer have to figure out the signal between the two and EDID. :D

Return to Live Production