Rack mounting Atem Pro HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Matt Simpson

Rack mounting Atem Pro HD

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 12:20 pm

I am going to be buying two ATEM Pro HD switchers soon and want to have them mounted in racks. I will put them on a slide out shelf at the bottom of a rack. Has anyone done this and have a good way to secure it? I know I could always velcro it down but hoping to have something more secure than this.

Also, does anyone know the height of the Pro HD? I'm thinking it would be no more than 3 rack spaces tall. Maybe only 2.

Thanks!

David Peddicord

Re: Rack mounting Atem Pro HD

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 4:16 pm

What is your reason for putting them on a slide out shelf?

Tom_Bassford

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 4:22 pm

So it slides out and you can use it (one would guess)

It will fit in a 3u gap, it's probably only about 2u high but i would leave space to avoid scratching the top of it.

Make sure you secure the cables to the shelf it is mounted on before you feed them to a patch panel on the rear of the rack. This should let you slide in and out without connection issues.
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

Matt Simpson

PostTue Oct 17, 2017 5:54 pm

Yes, it would slide out for use, slide in for transport. Stays wired so set up time is much less. Connect inputs to patch panel on back and done.

I was planning on 3 for it, so that is good to hear.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 25, 2017 2:10 am

Hello Matt. The Height of the Television Studio Pro HD unit is 4.22 inches. FYI, there are 4 stainless steel mounting points machined into the bottom of the panel for this purpose. I apologize this is not in the manual currently, but we are working on that now.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Eric Geppner

PostWed Dec 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Gary Adams wrote:Hello Matt. The Height of the Television Studio Pro HD unit is 4.22 inches. FYI, there are 4 stainless steel mounting points machined into the bottom of the panel for this purpose. I apologize this is not in the manual currently, but we are working on that now.

Regards, Gary

Is the Television Studio Pro 4K the same 4.22 inches height? I'm trying to finalize the rack layout and this something I couldn't find.

Thanks

-Eric

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Dec 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Yes. It's the same external hardware. Reading this again reminded me of my error on the mounting points on the bottom. There are two instead of four.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production