Using Media Express as playback with ATEM TVS

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mrmaverick

Using Media Express as playback with ATEM TVS

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 11:32 pm

Just got my first ATEM TVS today and setup was a breeze, very happy with that. I do live events and need to have a playback solution in place very quickly. I have researched CasperCG and it looks great but for now I just need something simple. It looks like Media Express will do everything i need except for one issue. I have a BMD Decklink Duo as the playout card on the same box that i have the switcher control software. When I use the Duo as a camera source via SDI to the TVS everything looks great until I call up the switcher software control panel again and it stops playback.

Am I doing something wrong? Or does Media Express always stop when you click back to the software control panel?

mrmaverick

Re: Using Media Express as playback with ATEM TVS

PostMon Apr 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Sorry...nevermind. I just figured it out. I had to activate "play in background"to keep it rolling.

Still is using Media Express a sound idea?

thedsprojects

Re: Using Media Express as playback with ATEM TVS

PostSun May 05, 2013 10:35 am

Hi,

You can take a look at CVP Player which is cost effective and supports wide range of media files. CVP Player is nice play-out software which supports Intensity Pro or any Video Out from GPU Card. The software features Schedule, Reporting, Live Capture etc....

You can refer to www.thedsprojects.com

or search for CVP Player in you tube to find the sample demo videos of the software.

Return to Live Production