Roland V1HD used as converter influences TVS HD PAN

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

MarkusWilmsmann

Roland V1HD used as converter influences TVS HD PAN

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 am

Hello, I'm quite a newbie to this video thing and have the following issue:

I connected my Roland V1-HD to a Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio HD to use it as a converter for my Laptop and a GoPro. It's inserted in channel two. Now if I switch with the T-Bar between Laptop and GoPro, the PAN of the Blackmagic is influenced and switching between -50 and +50. Also if I press the upper transformer button of the Roland the PAN on channel 5 is set to -50 and with the lower transformer button I set channel 6 PAN to -50. Do you have any idea how I can stop this? Of course I asked the Roland support the same question, I suppose the Roland is sending out some strange signals.

You can see it here:

Thank you for your support, best regards,

Markus

Xtreemtec

Re: Roland V1HD used as converter influences TVS HD PAN

PostWed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm

It is midi data.. Based on Mackie protocol. The bmd software you can not turn this feature off or change the channel layout.. For the roland i don't know why they do send out midi.

But i guess if you disconnect the USB from the roland your problem might be over.. But maybe the Control software panel of roland sends out these messages.. I don't know.. But MIdi is your problem. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

MarkusWilmsmann

Re: Roland V1HD used as converter influences TVS HD PAN

PostThu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 am

Hello Xtreemtec,

thanks for your answer, that was exactly the case. I ran the Roland software on the same Macbook as the Atem software and that was the problem.

Return to Live Production