SDI Recording with TVS and Media Express

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

mrmaverick

SDI Recording with TVS and Media Express

PostWed Apr 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Just started using the TVS and have a question about recording using Media Express. I know that the Media Express skips every other line when capturing 1080i sources and the USB2 H.264 output looks horrible when captured this way, almost looks like interlaced SD.

I was wondering if I use the HD_SDI output from the TVS into my Decklink DUO SDI instead of the USB2 output, and use Media Express as the capture software does it still skip every other line?

Alternativly if I have my TVS all setup as 1080i sources and output from the SDI connector to the Decklink can I use Media Express to capture at a different resolution, like 720P to get better captured image quality.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Chris

Liam Kennedy

Re: SDI Recording with TVS and Media Express

PostWed Apr 03, 2013 5:04 pm

The Duo will give a perfect capture. If you can go that way easily... that's the best solution

By the way... I believe MXLight captures the H.264 via USB without the same issue Media Express has. If you are using a windows PC for capture... you might want to give that a try.

And by the way... that's pretty bad that it would do that (why?). I always run my gear in 720p mode... so it's not something I have had to deal with. But... WTH?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production