showing speaker from tvs to projection screen

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mikhail Tenyakov

showing speaker from tvs to projection screen

PostFri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 am

hello, thank you in advance.

i have two computer in my church. pc1 i use for projecting on screens, it is as simple as having a signal from pc1 to projectors.

pc2 I use to send hdmi signal from my tvs to a capture card in pc2 and thats the same pc i livestream from.

my question is if i somehow can have signal from tvs, for example if im capturing a sermon how can i show what im capturing on a projector screen and for example have the powerpoint that im projecting show up in a corner on that same screen.

this bring me to next question. how can i get what im showing on the projector to show in tvs. for example camera 1 is capturing the preacher but how can i get what is showing on projector to show in a corner or under the speaker on same screen?

or maybe change it up and have what im showing on projector to be shown in tvs but the speaker would be showing up in corner.

is there a way to do it? thanks guys.

Andrew Martin

Re: showing speaker from tvs to projection screen

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Which model of TVS do you use?
The earlier model (full size 19" rack unit) or
the newer TVS HD (¾ size rack unit with source buttons on the front ) ?

A.

Mikhail Tenyakov

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 am

Andrew Martin wrote:Which model of TVS do you use?
The earlier model (full size 19" rack unit) or
the newer TVS HD (¾ size rack unit with source buttons on the front ) ?

A.

Thanks for replying to me, I dont know for some reason I didnt get a notification of your reply. Thanks again.

I have the older rack version.

Thomas Seewald

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 6:45 am

The old ATEM has only one logical output (and the multiview, which shows all sources, prewiew and program - allway and not changeable). So all things you edit or create are going the same way to all physical output connectors. If you need different "creations" e.g. Different views for the stream and the procector, you may need a bigger model. For really two independent views a 2ME model.

The old ATEM TVS has no DVE (in software, the functions are grayed out). So you can't scale the size of a source for inserting in a corner. But you can use the keyer or wipe functions to show a sniplett of a picture at a given position. E.g. the speaker should be shown at the rigtht upper corner on a powerpoint. so the cameraman must create his picture, that the speaker is in the right upper position.
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Return to Live Production