Teranex Mini (SDI-HDMI)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

SteveBnaz

Teranex Mini (SDI-HDMI)

PostSat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi, can you tell me if this converter is setup to take inputs and send to a switcher only?

Or

Can I use this converter to come out of the Black Magic TVS-HD (SDI) into the Teranex mini (SDI-input) and out as HDMI as an alternative to my SDI program output that comes stock with a TVS-HD??? I want to use it this way since it's easier to have the mini in my rack with the TVS-HD.

Thank you

Xtreemtec

Re: Teranex Mini (SDI-HDMI)

PostMon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm

It is a bit hard to understand what you are asking. But Yes you can convert the sdi output of a tvs hd to hdmi with this converter.

It is a rather expensive solution for this purpose as a BMD micro converter sdi to hdmi Will do exactly the same for $89.

But when you want to do an upgrade in the future to 4K this would be my choice as the converter does 12Gsdi to 4K hdmi also.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

SteveBnaz

Re: Teranex Mini (SDI-HDMI)

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 1:55 am

Thanks for the reply. I actually prefer having it rack mountable and I can plan for the upgrade in the future. I understand that I can use a micro converter for a less expensive option but I want the teranex since it's able to travel as a combination with my switcher in the travel rack.

My Television Studio HD only has SDI out so the teranex will give me the option of using SDI or HDMI depending on my show cabling. I'm using the TVS-HD for small General Sessions and Breakouts- Cameras if needed. So what I'm saying is - or asking rather is will the teranex output my SDI out from TVS-HD to the HDMI output from Teranex to DA and a couple projectors/DSM without affecting the signal overall?

as long as the teranex is a universal converter then I should be fine. I didn't know if it was meant for inputs only as opposed to the way I'd like to flow the signal (above)

Assuming there are no stupid questions. :geek:

Thank you for your reply!!!

Return to Live Production