Black screen from Intensity Shuttle

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Corey Knipe

Black screen from Intensity Shuttle

PostTue Nov 07, 2017 6:09 pm

I have a Canon XA10 Connected to a BMD Intensity Shuttle USB 3.0. I use this setup to livestream sports with Ustream Producer Pro. I have it connected to a dell latitude (intel i7 quad-core, 16gb ram). Not long ago I started getting a blank black screen as the signal from the intensity shuttle. I did some research online and found that it might be an issue of frame rate or aspect. So, I made some adjustments and got the BMD desktop video app. That helped for a little while, but the black screen keeps coming back. Now, I get a blank black screen no matter what I try. I've gone through every possible setting I can find, replaced cables, tried both composite and component connections, even tried it on a different OS by connecting to a Macbook Pro. No matter what, I keep getting a black screen from the shuttle. Is my shuttle dead? Or is there something I'm missing?

Yesterday I broke down and bought another HDMI to SDI converter, but I would still like to make sure this one is not working before I use it for target practice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Live Production