Hyperdeck Not Recognized by ATEM 4K

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Eric Nicastro

Hyperdeck Not Recognized by ATEM 4K

PostThu Nov 09, 2017 4:11 pm

I have an issue where my Hyperdeck Studio 12G will not output to my ATEM 4K switcher. I connected the Hyperdeck using the SDI outs (I tried both) into an SDI input on the switcher (I tried all four) and the Hyperdeck would not show a picture on the switcher. However, the video played on the LCD screen on the Hyperdeck. But here's where I'm stumped, if I connected the Monitor Out from the Hyperdeck to an SDI input on the ATEM, the video showed on the switcher. And in the ATEM settings, it shows the Hyperdeck is connected and I can control it from the ATEM control panel. And the video file format on the Hyperdeck matches that of the video format on the ATEM.

What I'm wanting to do is use the Hyperdeck as my playback device. I'm recording my broadcast on a separate unit.

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Not Recognized by ATEM 4K

PostFri Nov 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Okee this sounds like a resolution / framerate mismatch but there is a very easy and quick way to check this.

Connect the output of the Atem to the input of the hyperdeck and record some video.
While connected and have the output of the recorder still connected to the atem you should see "loop trough" video..

Stop the recording and play back. Then you should see video.

If so your video file format does not match the atem.
Also now you can exstract the recorded video file and import this in your NLE. Go to project settings and say Match settings to content.

Save these settings and re-render your video files with these settings.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV, ATEM TVS HD, Production Studio 4K, 2M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio, SONY FS7 4K, JVC HM700 Full HD Camera

Eric Nicastro

Re: Hyperdeck Not Recognized by ATEM 4K

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 pm

That worked perfectly! I was stumped, because it was still playing back on the monitor output and I thought I had the right framerate on the file. The Hyperdeck is now working as my playback device. Thank you!

Return to Live Production