Connecting MBP external display to ATEM TV Studio HD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Andy Nugraha

Connecting MBP external display to ATEM TV Studio HD

PostSun Nov 12, 2017 5:15 am

Hi all,
I have a question.

I have been using ATEM Television Studio HD to switch between two cameras using HDMI inputs.
The best resolution setting that I use is 1080i 59.94 (other settings doesn't work for both cameras).

Now I want to add input from my Macbook Pro (Retina 13" 2013 model, Sierra OS) but it doesn't work.
If I mirror display, it automatically changes the resolution to 1080i so it is showing on the ATEM, but if I change it to a separate display, it's not showing anything, and I can't change the resolution on the extended display.

Does anyone have any solutions for this?

Thank you.

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: Connecting MBP external display to ATEM TV Studio HD

PostMon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello Andy. You should be able to set this up in System Preferences ->Display. With Mirroring off, check Gather Windows so you see the BMD Device window on your laptop screen. There you can select Scaled and 1080i @ 60 Hz.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Andy Nugraha

Re: Connecting MBP external display to ATEM TV Studio HD

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Gary Adams wrote:Hello Andy. You should be able to set this up in System Preferences ->Display. With Mirroring off, check Gather Windows so you see the BMD Device window on your laptop screen. There you can select Scaled and 1080i @ 60 Hz.

Regards, Gary

Hi Gary. Thank you for your reply.
When I turned the mirroring off, I can't see the BMD Device on my laptop screen. I think it goes to the extended screen which is not showing on the ATEM, so I can't change it.

Return to Live Production