Interfacing Windows PC to a ATEM M/E 2

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dean Mattson

Interfacing Windows PC to a ATEM M/E 2

PostFri Nov 17, 2017 3:23 am

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get a Windows 7 HP PC into a ATEM M/E 2 Switcher. I am coming out of the DVI card into the switcher via a Blackmagic DVI Extender. I could get the PC working on the switcher, when the video standard was set to 1080i/50. However, my camera wouldn't work at this setting nor my Vizio 80" monitor.

So now the switcher is set to 1080i/59.94 and the camera and Vizio work great, but there is no video setting on the PCI card that will work. The closest I got was to set the refresh rate on the PC to 59Hz. I could see the computer screen on the screens but the image would flash on and off, which I guess would mean that it is not synching up properly.

Would the best solution be to get a new video card for the PC? If so, which card should I get? The desktop monitor they have only has DVI input but I could get them a computer monitor that has an HDMI input if needed. I was looking at the Blackmagic cards, specifically the DeckLink Mini Monitor card.

Thanks for reading this post and for your time.
Dean

Andrew Martin

Re: Interfacing Windows PC to a ATEM M/E 2

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 7:27 pm

The basic issue you have is the switcher is set for 59.94 and the pc is running at 60. It's enough of a mismatch for it not to work. (HDMI inputs are a little more forgiving, and can often wok) but you'll have this issue on SDI.

The solution is a decimator MD-HX scaler.

A.

Return to Live Production