KXWELL Pan/Tilt Heads

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Daniel Binder

KXWELL Pan/Tilt Heads

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 1:08 am

The updated manual for the Micro Studio Camera now lists 3 pan/tilt heads, that are supported by BMD for the RS422 VISCA output that is finally active with 4.7.

the first one is listed as "KXWELL KT-PH180BMD"
KXWELL, according to their website, is a Chinese manuafacturer. However the website does not list the device (but other pan/tilt heads).

Has anyone found more info, price point or references to European or US-American importers?

All I could find so far is some pictures on some news sites:
http://www.itavcn.com/news/201709/20170920/63314.shtml

Thanks,

Daniel

roger.suski

Re: KXWELL Pan/Tilt Heads

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 2:42 am

They seem to have an arrangement with Hitachi Kokuasi. I did see these in operation at the Hitachi booth at NAB. Seemed decent enough. No idea on price.

Scroll down to the bottom of this page

http://www.hitachikokusai.com/Products/ ... -H200.html

If you're interested, I'll send one of the Hitachi rep's contact info separately.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 10:59 am

The Other one mentioned there is the PTZ Optics.. Which looks a whole lot like the KXWELL. PTZOptics asks about $3K for it's head.. So i do have a gut feeling the KXwell will not be half that price or something... ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

roger.suski

PostMon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Perhaps similar or even subset of the same supplier, the KXWELL branded units certainly are more capable, support higher load. Depends on use case.

From what I saw at the NABShow, the controller is very much more robust and feature laden than PTZ optics provide.

Return to Live Production