NVIDIA output to Decklink Mini Recorder (FASTHockey/Ho

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Dave Therault

NVIDIA output to Decklink Mini Recorder (FASTHockey/Ho

PostSun Nov 19, 2017 9:19 am

I need to capture 720p @59.94 with Decklink Mini Recorder in a computer encoding and streaming to HockeyTV.

The output is from another computer through HDMI from an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.

The streaming machine runs encoding software that must work off of 720p at 59.94p. So, I set the Display 2 resolution in the NVIDIA control panel or in Windows Display Settings to 720p. But BlackMagic Desktop Video Utility reports the input as a 1080i60 signal. BlackMagic Media Express shows the video stream and similarly reports it at 1080i60. The problem is that DeckLink doesn't recognize the correct input resolution.

Why is this important? The proprietary HockeyTV encoder software will only work with 1280x720 at 59.94p. So the encoder software preview window is reporting Decklink No Video Signal.

I learned today that starting with v3.4 BlackMagic has implemented auto-detect. Could the problem be that Decklink is basing the capture on the highest resolution the NVIDIA is capable of outputting, regardless the resolution settings of the display? Is there a solution? Does the cause of my issue lie elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Return to Live Production