1/ME Stopped working + 2/ME audio not working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

rohanwright

1/ME Stopped working + 2/ME audio not working

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 12:33 am

Hi,
We have a 1/ME at one of our church campus's and for some reason this morning it wasn't responding.
It showed as disconnected so we power cycled it and it came up asking for a firmware update, so we did that and power cycled it again and it asked once again for a firmware update.
It seems to be stuck in a loop.
Is this something we can fix or are we pretty much talking about sending it back?

We have an issue on our 2/ME at our other campus as well, It for some reason doesnt pass through audio properly. it comes out distorted but at low levels. its not a gain issue, it seems to be a A/D or D/A converter issue on board.
I really don't want to be sending two brand new VM's back to the shop...
Thanks.

Darrell Sim

Blackmagic Design

Re: 1/ME Stopped working + 2/ME audio not working

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 3:49 am

Hi,

For the ATEM 1 issue, it might be faulty due to a corrupted installation. You could try flashing the firmware with an older/newer version to see if that solves your issue. If all fails, you might have to approach your nearest BMD support team or the original place of purchase for a RMA.

Regarding your ATEM 2 audio issue, is the distortion from your EXT track which is coming from the audio breakout cable's Audio LEFT/RIGHT IN or from the other input channels or other channels? The reference levels for the ATEM are at -20, so do try sending a reference tone to the ATEM to check first. There are many factors which could contribute to this distortion e.g power cables overlapping audio cables, audio cable quality, earthing issues etc. I'll recommend to try isolating the issue to see if the cause is due to the ATEM switcher or the provided audio breakout cable or some other external factors.
Darrell Sim
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Asia
support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com

Return to Live Production