SD B4 Lens on Ursa Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JoeVoorhees

SD B4 Lens on Ursa Mini Pro

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 am

Hey Everyone,

I am a HS TV production teacher and am finally looking to upgrade our SD studio to HD; we currently have Hitachi Z-2500 cameras and would like to replace them the Ursa Mini Pro. I have the money for the cameras and accessories just not the money for new glass yet... My plan is to use the existing Fujinon lenses and put the cameras in window mode to to compensate. I know I will only be able to shoot in 1080 with that configuration and I am ok with that. The only thing I can't get an answer on is will the camera be able to control the iris? I use a student in the control room as an engineer for iris control so all the cameras match - the ATEM software will allow this via SDI return, I just need to make sure it will work before I spend $35K of someone else's money.

Thanks,
Joe

Matt Certa

Re: SD B4 Lens on Ursa Mini Pro

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 9:13 pm

They should work fine. Im using several SD lens on the 4k mini's with no problems.

Denny Smith

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 5:43 am

I do not see why not, iris control on SD and HD lenses is the same I think. You will need, of course, the B4 mounts. Also, you might be able,to use the 2K window for a larger AOV with the lenses, depending on the lens being used. The Fujion HD Cinema B4 Zoom will cover the 2K window.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

JoeVoorhees

PostTue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate it. I wanted to get someone else's thoughts on it - especially if you have actually used the camera. Everything looked good on paper but that always doesn't play out in real life.

Joseph Villegas

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Denny Smith wrote:I do not see why not, iris control on SD and HD lenses is the same I think. You will need, of course, the B4 mounts. Also, you might be able,to use the 2K window for a larger AOV with the lenses, depending on the lens being used. The Fujion HD Cinema B4 Zoom will cover the 2K window.
Cheers

Your affirmation, in my knowledge, may not be accurate...

https://web.archive.org/web/20140811022 ... anon14.pdf

Howard Roll

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 9:49 pm

You realize that article was written by a Canon broadcast marketing executive? Not exactly an unbiased source.

Denny Smith

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 3:30 am

Deleted
Good bye
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Return to Live Production