LUTs for Live Streaming Production with Ursa Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ColinMulcahy

LUTs for Live Streaming Production with Ursa Mini Pro

PostMon Nov 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone could help me :-)

I'm running 3 Mini Ursa Pro's for live streaming and looking for a LUT suitable for broadcasting Live that I can load into the cameras. I know that there are tones of Luts out there, but as I'm new to colour grading etc and not up to speed on creating my own, I was hoping someone had some or knows a resource where they can be found, free or purchased.

Not sure what the right terminology is to use, but I'm looking for something that is a broadcast LUT, not so much a creative cinematic LUT.

Really appreciate the help.

Colin
4K setup with 6 x URSA Mini Pro 4.6K (G1 & G2), 2 x BMDPCC 6K, BMD 4/ME Broadcast 4K, 6 x Hyperdeck Studio 12G's, CCU, Advanced Panel with all the other BMD units for Live Production.

Xtreemtec

Re: LUTs for Live Streaming Production with Ursa Mini Pro

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Why would you want to use a LUT? This is only requered if you use your camera with internal recording on raw.

When you do livestreaming you better of in putting your cams in live mode which gives you a broadcast type output. instead of flat colored video that needs luts and grading.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Jack Fairley

Re: LUTs for Live Streaming Production with Ursa Mini Pro

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 11:26 pm

Just use the Video mode on the camera. Live audience is expecting to see Rec. 709 look, essentially, and not a cinema look.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Return to Live Production