Decklink 4K Pro Update Problems

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Xtreemtec

Decklink 4K Pro Update Problems

PostSat Dec 02, 2017 9:28 pm

My card is installed but update fails everytime.. (take a look at post 5)
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=67482&p=379846#p379846

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I needed to look up some specs of the Decklink 4K Pro (2x 12G in 2x 12G output)
And seems this decklink is already dis-carded... *Phun indended :(

As you also don't have the specs nor connection references like in and out connectors in the Decktop Video manual were would i find this info now?

Many webshops say it has 2x 12G input and 2x 12G output. But i was wondering if these are real seperate in and outputs. As it is labeled 12G A and 12G B.. And somewere on google found the word "Dual link 12G" makes me believe it is more a dual link for 3D stuff and not 2 seperate ports.. But i can't seem to find hard data anymore on that card on the website or forum.. :roll:

So who has the card or used it and can enlighten me on this one? :D
Last edited by Xtreemtec on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Xtreemtec

Re: Info / docu Decklink 4K Pro already gone from the websit

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 3:25 pm

This would suggest a A and B link.. But is that 2 ports or Dual link?
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Steinar H. Gunderson

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 6:06 pm

This is a recurring issue with BM—once a replacement product exists, all trace of the previous one disappears from the website. So if you want to borrow or buy anything that's not current-gen, it's really hard figuring out what it can or can't do.

Xtreemtec

PostSun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Yes indeed that is a pity..

Well seems after a lot of googling i found this image.. Which was a screenshot made of the bmd site.. Saying Key and Fill

Xtreemtec

Re: Decklink 4K Pro Update Problems

PostSun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

So with this info i re-installed the card into our media server and installed Desktop Video 10.8.5 because this card was supported in that version.. And heared about some issues with the latest version of Desktop video.

So installed the card. Run the Desktop 10.8.5. Have 2 card installed. 1 Decklink SDI and 1 Decklink 4K Pro.
They both installed nicely. Got an update screen for the Decklink SDI. And went well. Got an update screen for the 4K. And after a while got an error.. :roll:

So after a few tryes with the same result decided to install the latest version and redo the whole thing again. But same problem..

Anyone else had something like this with Desktop video or driver updates lately?

Looking in Desktop video it only lists the Decklink SDI card. not the 4K card. Also Vmix and media express don't see the card. While windows says that the card is installed and works.. :roll:

Windows 10 Pro
i7 system 64 bit with 16Gb ram
PCI-E 8x port
Attachments
Decklink 4k update error2.jpg
Decklink 4k update error2.jpg (349.54 KiB) Viewed 2011 times

tristansummers

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 8:51 am

yes this updates the card firmware and is necessary.
not sure what it does though.

frlawton

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 3:01 pm

I had a similar thing when updating to the latest version of Desktop Video, it sort of tripped over itself during the installation. This resulted in only one of the two cards being identified. In the end, the only solution was to try combinations of having some cards in or none at all and uninstalling then reinstalling Desktop Video until eventually everything was updated and identified. That's probably not the quick fix you were looking for, though.
Francis Lawton : Group Visual LTD. : www.groupvisual.co.uk

Return to Live Production