Audio but no video from camera with ATEM Television StudioHD

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Robert Goff

Audio but no video from camera with ATEM Television StudioHD

PostFri Dec 08, 2017 3:01 am

We purchased the ATEM Television Studio HD to livestream events at our high school. We just started this program last year so our budget is very limited but I have some great kids who are excited to learn and use this technology.

We hooked everything up today but one of our cameras is not importing properly. We were hoping to run a 4 camera setup, but only 3 work. We receive audio from the camera, but no video feed. It's a Canon HF R52. It's not a high dollar camera, but it did have an external HDMI output so I was hoping it would work.

We're using HDMI cable and even at a close range, audio but no video. Is there a setting that I'm missing? Would reducing the output from 1080 help? How about a booster?

Thank you for any help. I'm new at this but excited to learn and really excited to hopefully teach young students to love video production.

Denny Smith

Re: Audio but no video from camera with ATEM Television Stud

PostTue Dec 12, 2017 2:58 am

Could be several issues. First, the HDMI connection is limited to 15-feet or less. The camera video output might not be matching the other cameras and the ATEM seeting. All cameras must match the ATEM setting.

Try connecting the Canon HF R52 to a TV Monitor then turn on the camera to see what the video resolution it is actually outputting, might not match the camera setting, and is most likely a 1080i59.94 signal, not 1080p.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Robert Goff

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 10:08 pm

We hooked all the cameras up to the monitor using the same cord and got them all to stream to the monitor on 720x480P. We were excited. Thought we had it fixed.

However, there is no 720x480P setting on the ATEM Television Studio HD. When we hook this up to the cameras, nothing. We checked the settings and changed the video format to 720p59.94, but then we lost all the cameras. Even the one we're trying to adjust, we got nothing.

Could it be the monitor? Every time we switch over to "p" setting, says input no recognized.

Frustrated because I want to help the students who are excited to try a 4-camera setup.

Thanks for any help.

Xtreemtec

PostMon Jan 15, 2018 11:57 pm

With the current atems, ( i discovered this as well on the TVS HD) there can Be audio and no video.
What happens is that the hdmi receiver Will split off audio into i2S (Sound) audio packets and video into parallel data to the main FPGA.
In HDMI in all resolutions the audio is the same. So I2S will always enter the audio mixer of those HDMI channels. While the video format does not match. And So you Will keep a black image while you have audio.

720x480 is Some NTSC SD resolution.

When we talk here in general About 720p, we talk About 1280x720P which is HD (or HD ready as they say) if we talk About 1080 we mean 1920x1080 which is FULL HD.

Im on my Phone now So cant do fancy copy paste links from the forum. But take a look at the FAQ Live Production in this forum section. It is the top post in the live Production forum. Take a look at >point 1.01 or 1.02 there is info About matching camera’s to the atem settings.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production