Using Computer as input source issue

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

larry.castro

Using Computer as input source issue

PostTue Dec 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi, I'm a newbie to Blackmagic. My church purchased two black magic cameras and a switcher to replace our old equipment. Now, I'm the guy who gets to figure it out and use it. I have the cameras and switcher operating and was able to connect the program feed to our encoder/streamer for facebook live. The one thing that is not working is the video from our computer that runs the powerpoint/videos.
In our old system I was able to punch it up as one of my sources. I purchased a VGA to HDMI converter and connected it to the blackmagic switcher, but I get nothing. I know the converter is working because when I connect the HDMI to a TV monitor I can see the computer desktop and powerpoint. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

KentChristian

Re: Using Computer as input source issue

PostWed Jan 03, 2018 3:40 am

Hello sounds like a resolution setting what do you have your switch set to and what is your pc set at

Andrew Martin

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 12:18 pm

With the converter connected to the TV punch the info button on the TVs remote that'll give you an idea as to the resolution and frame rate the converters outputting.. which you'll have to mirror on ur Atem.

A.

larry.castro

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks for the help. Yes it was the resolution. I changed them all to match and it works.

James Muscat

PostThu Jan 04, 2018 3:04 pm

To expand on what the others have said...

Most (all?) BMD switchers expect all inputs to be at the same resolution and frame rate, or else you'll get a black screen. So you'll need to configure your PC to output at the same resolution and frame rate of the cameras, or else have a scaler such as the Datavideo DAC-70 or Decimator MD-HX to do the scaling for you.

Xtreemtec

PostFri Jan 05, 2018 3:08 pm

For more information on matching sources Atem FAQ > Point 1.01
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production