ATEM 2 Prod 4K Media Pool

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Steve Koehle

ATEM 2 Prod 4K Media Pool

PostSun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi,
I am looking for some information on how and where the "Media Pool" is stored. We have an ATEM2 ME Production Studio 4K with an ATEM 1 control surface. Are the files stored in the rack unit or in the control surface? are actual files stored or "links" to the locations of the files?

This is in a House of Worship so the system is powered off during the week. When powered back up, the media pool is empty. Each week we need to reload all media files. Is this normal? is there a back up or work around?
Any guidance is appreciated.

timmjpope

Re: ATEM 2 Prod 4K Media Pool

PostWed May 11, 2022 9:45 am

Has this issue been resolved, having the same issue. Although our ATEM 1 ME is always on, every few week we return to an empty media pool.

Then have to each time reupload 500 frames and 20 stills is a pain.

eMilty

PostThu May 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Not sure specifically for the ATEM 2 Production 4K model but with the ATEM Mini Extreme you can save the current state as the startup state. This will also save the content of the media pool in the device.

codedeltajames

PostThu May 12, 2022 2:02 pm

The media pool is stored in the Atem device. In older Atem's this is stored in volatile memory, so when the device loses power then the contents are lost - there is no fix to this, it's just the way the hardware is designed. Newer Atem's (starting with the TV Studio HD IIRC), it is stored in non-volatile memory and the contents survive powering down.

Return to Live Production