The new ATEM Television Studio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Richard Fernandez

The new ATEM Television Studio

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 2:41 pm

would I beable to use the The new ATEM Television Studio for my for my 4 GH5's for a multi camera switcher setup then send the main signal out to one of the ultra studio mini recorders to bring that into my Mac thru thunderbolt to live stream it? or do i need something else to take the signal from the ATEM television studio to my mac?

Xtreemtec

Re: The new ATEM Television Studio

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am

Perfect solution. Atem TVS HD > Ultra Studio mini recorder. (which does 1080P50/60)

I would recommend any other camera then a DSLR like camera.
But since you already have them go with that and see how it fits your production needs.

DSLR like cameras are not really made for live production.. They tend to overheat more. No sdi output.
So you need to go the HDMI route. HDMI cables may not be very long. While in some cases 5 or 10 meters works.. THe HDMI standard was build for 3 meter cable length..
And the output of the DSLR's are not very powerfull.. So keep the cable length to 3 - 5 meters maximum!!

You could extend by placing 2 sdi converters between it if you need more length.

Then on the mac you would need something like OBS Studio, Wirecast, Vmix or others to do the streaming part.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Richard Fernandez

Re: The new ATEM Television Studio

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Thank you for the help. all the cameras are with in 3 meters of where I would keep the Atem Tv Studio. But like you said I will get a HDMI to SDI converter if I go over 3 meters. later on will slowly be changing out the camera's to the black magic Micro studio cameras. Especially if I understand it right that I would be able to control focus and everything thru the SDI on the ATEM. but fo now this way they all match

Return to Live Production